How would you like to get more done every day? I am a productivity-driven person, so squeezing out every moment of my work day is essential to me because I want to get a lot done and be able to relax at the end of the day. Little frustrates me more than wasted time, including my own errors, as well as inefficient equipment or systems. I wouldn’t exactly say I am a patient person. If you’re like me, you might feel like you’re doing everything you can to boost your productivity. However, I have found that a few free resources, such as browser add-ons and an online generator, as well as better equipment can save quite a bit of time that quickly adds up.
First, check out these great Firefox add-ons.
- LeechBlock: a Firefox add-on that allows you to block sites so you can avoid their distraction.
- Customize Google: CustomizeGoogle is a Firefox extension that enhance Google search results by adding extra information (like links to Yahoo, Ask.com, MSN etc) and removing unwanted information (like ads and spam). All features are optional and easily configured.
- FlashGot: Download all the links, movies and audio clips of a page at the maximum speed with a single click, using the most popular, lightweight and reliable external download managers.
- StatusBar: View and manage downloads from a tidy statusbar – without the download window getting in the way of your web browsing.
- Flashblock: Flashblock is an extension for the Mozilla, Firefox, and Netscape browsers that takes a pessimistic approach to dealing with Macromedia Flash content on a webpage and blocks ALL Flash content from loading. It then leaves placeholders on the webpage that allow you to click to download and then view the Flash content.
- URL fixer: URL Fixer is an extension for Mozilla Firefox that corrects typos in URLs that you enter in the address bar. For example, if you type google.con, it will correct it to google.com (asking first, if you enable confirmation).
- Tab Mix Plus: Tab Mix Plus enhances Firefox’s tab browsing capabilities. It includes such features as duplicating tabs, controlling tab focus, tab clicking options, undo closed tabs and windows, plus much more. It also includes a full-featured session manager.
- ScrapBook: Helps you to save Web pages and organize the collection.
And, a final productivity booster for any browser:
- Free White Noise Generator: a free online generator to cover noisy distractions that any browser can use.
- Ergonomic Mini Keyboard: a smaller, more compact design helps minimize movements for faster typing
- Ergonomic Mouse: a handshake grip like this Evoluent mouse offers is much more comfortable and prevents straining; pair it with a slim-lined ergo keyboard that lets you pull it in close, and you have an efficient little typing space!